Saturday 17 October 2015

Let the non alcoholic cider see the glass

I'm not really a big drinker. Well not anymore. Back in my uni days I could consume a bottle of hock in a night. A week night that is - we hardly ever had the time, energy or the money to go out at the weekend but boy did we make up for it during the week. 


Fast forward to twelve months ago when I would go out at least once a month and get pretty trollied. A typical binge drinker is how I used to describe myself. I've never been the kind of person to go out religiously every Friday or Saturday and then be so excited at the prospect of finally going out that I'd drink as much as I could in the one night. Mix my drinks (which has never done me any favours) and then spend the rest of the day in bed recovering. 

Long gone are those days. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking altogether and bar one beer on out all inclusive holiday in August I've stuck to it. And am pretty bloody proud of myself. 

So imagine my delight after a week that's been filed with deadlines, report writing and antibiotics - when I spotted the non alcoholic version of my favourite cider in the local Tesco! I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I could have a drink. I could feel like I wasn't missing out. I could savour the taste of strawberry and lime without feeling guilty!

And the best thing of all? No hangover in the morning. Thank you Koppaberg Brewery. You've made this thirty something pregnant teacher very happy this evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment